Gifts of Securities
Gifts of appreciated securities benefit the donor in two ways:
1) the full-market value of the securities is tax-deductible and
2) if the securities have appreciated in value, capital gains taxation may be avoided. In the case of appreciated securities, the donor’s deduction is limited to 30% of adjusted gross income (AGI), instead of the 50% limit allowed for cash gifts.
Consult your tax advisor and broker regarding the tax-deductibility and timing of your gift.
To make a stock gift to the Peconic Land Trust:
Give your broker the following information to facilitate the transfer of shares:
- Fidelity Investments
- For Credit to: Peconic Land Trust
- Account Number: Y03-148806
- Taxpayer ID Number: 11-2667021
Prior to transferring shares, please notify Rebecca A. Chapman, Vice President of Philanthropy, at RChapman@PeconicLandTrust.org or 631.283.3195 with the following information:
- Donor Name
- Name of Stock
- Number of Shares being Donated
Thank you for your support of the Peconic Land Trust and Long Island's working farms, natural lands and heritage.
If you have any questions, please contact Rebecca A. Chapman, Vice President of Philanthropy, at 631.283.3195 or RChapman@PeconicLandTrust.org.