The Annual Fund
Together, as partners in conservation, we are making a difference.
Fresh local produce, safe drinking water, cleaner and more productive bays, engaging recreational opportunities, buildings and landscapes indicative of our history, all these things and more represent the priceless results of your gifts to the Peconic Land Trust's Annual Fund. Please consider giving to the 2017 Annual Fund now and get a jump start on your charitable contributions.
For all YOU do in support of conservation in our communities, THANK YOU!
NEW! Sustainable Giving. Increase your impact - Join our Sustainable Giving Program, with a recurring monthly or quarterly gift, and provide an assured stream of income throughout the year! Click here to learn more.
By becoming an Annual Fund Donor, you will be supporting our work in 5 major areas:
- Planning – Identifying and implementing conservation plans that protect important resources and fulfill the varied goals of landowners.
- Acquisition – Acquiring land and conservation easements through gifts and purchases, which result in fresh local produce, clean drinking water, recreational opportunities and historic preservation.
- Stewardship – Once land is protected we monitor and enforce the conservation restrictions on the property. We also actively manage and restore these preserves to provide safe, scenic hiking trails and public access where appropriate.
- Education – Having fun, learning and enjoying the natural environment are the criteria for over 50 programs offered to the public every year. Look under the "Events and Activities" section for our latest issue of "Connections."
- Public Policy – From estate tax reform to tax incentives, the Trust works with our public officials locally, in Albany and in Washington DC on issues that impact conservation.
Founded in 1983 to protect Long Island’s working farms, natural lands, and heritage, the Peconic Land Trust has worked diligently with landowners, partner organizations, local government and communities to protect nearly 12,000 acres. Become a supporter (or increase the amount of your annual giving) today and help us conserve more of what you know and love!
Please keep us conserving as an Annual Fund Donor. With your investment in the Trust, we will continue to work from a pragmatic, problem-solving perspective to protect what you know and love on Long Island.
If you have questions about how funds raised through the Annual Fund contributes to the work of the Trust, or are interested in learning more about planned giving options through our Legacy Circle, please contact Rebecca A. Chapman, Vice President of Philanthropy at 631.283.3195 ext. 40. Thank you again -- we look forward to working with you to conserve Long Island's working farms, natural lands, and heritage.
To view our Donor Bill of Rights, click here.